Support Wikipedia

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Melancholy X'mas

I used to hate it when
                my mom used to poke me for midnight mass on X’mas eve
I used to hate it when
                the cold bites deep down to my bone.
I used to hate it when
                I had to wait for the mass to end to taste the chicken curry
I used to hate it when
                the crackers burst all night interrupting my sleep

I used to hate it when
                I was forced to go along with the X’mas carol
I used to hate it when
                my brother made me do all the menial job for the crib
I used to hate it when
                my dad snored after the afternoon meal interrupting my X’mas movie
I used to hate it when
                my mom sends me off to give X’mas cake to neighbors


I used to hate it when
                few of my cousins get delayed for the X’mas night party
I used to hate it when
                no one cared about the games that I have put a lot of thoughts in.
I used to hate it when
                everyone leaves when all I could think was how to make them stay for couple more minutes
I used to hate it when
                everyone left with a smile and I am the only one with a sad face.

Now I miss all these……

1 comment: